What is TLS PTA?
We are a volunteer-run organization comprised of all interested parents and guardians. We give our time, expertise, and funds in support of enriching programs and special school items. We aim to foster a vibrant and inclusive community that supports the school’s mission of developing good character and a passion for lifelong learning so that our children become responsible, caring citizens.
As volunteers we…
- Design and organize programs including after-school classes, assemblies, Fun Run and Field Day
- Subsidize field trips
- Donate Student Planners and Math Carnival Snacks
- Give 5th graders Yearbooks and Fifth-Grade-Finale T-Shirts
- Donate needed items to the school including books, rugs, furniture, air conditioners, and water filters
- Show appreciation for school staff through teacher appreciation luncheons, coffee for the faculty lounge, and gifts for teachers, custodians, and administrative staff
- Collaborate with Springfield’s other Grade 3-5 school, Caldwell, to provide activities for all the children in the town such as movie nights, Trunk or Treat, and the 5th grade Celebration
- Develop and implement events designed to build community including Sandmeier Saturday back-to-school playdate in the park, Sandmeier Got Talent, Fifth Grade Finale, and dances
Meetings will take place Tuesday evenings @ 7:00pm in the School Library.
- Early Dismissal + Half Day Snack
Thelma L. Sandmeier School