What is TLS PTA?
We are a volunteer-run organization comprised of all interested parents and guardians. We give our time, expertise, and funds in support of enriching programs and special school items. We aim to foster a vibrant and inclusive community that supports the school’s mission of developing good character and a passion for lifelong learning so that our children become responsible, caring citizens.
As volunteers we…
- Design and organize programs including after-school classes, assemblies, Fun Run and Field Day
- Subsidize field trips
- Donate Student Planners and Math Carnival Snacks
- Give 5th graders Yearbooks and Fifth-Grade-Finale T-Shirts
- Donate needed items to the school including books, rugs, furniture, air conditioners, and water filters
- Show appreciation for school staff through teacher appreciation luncheons, coffee for the faculty lounge, and gifts for teachers, custodians, and administrative staff
- Collaborate with Springfield’s other Grade 3-5 school, Caldwell, to provide activities for all the children in the town such as movie nights, Trunk or Treat, and the 5th grade Celebration
- Develop and implement events designed to build community including Sandmeier Saturday back-to-school playdate in the park, Sandmeier Got Talent, Fifth Grade Finale, and dances
Meetings will take place on Wednesdays in the School Library.
Note the alternating AM and PM meeting times on the following dates – mark your calendars!!
September 27 9:00am .
October 25 7pm
January 10 9:00am
March 14 7pm
**May 22 7pm (Tuesday)
- No events