Become a Grade Level Rep
Supporting teachers, Building community
From volunteering in the classroom during the school day, to spending time after-work hours planning events and fundraisers – parents are an essential part of a child’s success in school. When children see that the adults care about their school’s culture and community, they get the message to embrace their school and all it offers. Research shows improved academic results and social-emotional well-being correlate to increased parent involvement — Grade Level Coordinators are one key way we can be involved.
What do you do as a Grade Level Coordinator?
- Create a network that develops a strong sense of community within the classroom and school.
- Communicate with your grade level’s teachers to determine their needs.
- Organize and distribute information about classroom and grade level activities.
- Distribute information, inform parents and recruit volunteers for school meetings, events and fundraisers.
- Review yearbook photos that need ‘tagging’.
- Make and distribute class directories that include phone numbers, addresses, and e-mail addresses so that you and other parents can easily contact each other.
- Organize grade level out-of-school get togethers.
Let’s work together! Fill out the form below to get started!